Sunday 15 January 2012

Evaluation


Q2 How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?


My focus group was very important for me through construction stages of my products as they were able to give me constructive criticism to improve them. Audience feedback was invaluable in the end as it gave me the satisfaction that I couldn't perform more to it unless I had more-professional equipment.
I had to choose a variety of different ages when getting audience feedback so it represented a wider spectrum of my target audience.

A YOUNGER AUDIENCE INTERVIEW




AN OLDER AUDIENCE INTERVIEW

Here, I have interviewed my mother who was around the era that I have done my documentary on. She would be one of the prime demographics that I was aiming my documentary for, so I thought it would be important to ask her some questions about it. The first rough 10 seconds are silence, please carry on listening until you hear our voices.




From this I have learned..

  • Yes, good summary of what's to come and what the documentary is about
  • Can be used on television as an advert
  • The poster, magazine and trailer connect together - same fonts, same colour scheme
  • Reminds people about the punk age
  • Those people that were punks would be interested - nostalgia-building and also people from that time to be reminded of what it was like
  • Also interest younger people that are influenced by them
  • Associate a documentary with television but could be used in cinema
  • Magazine looks realistic - can be aligned with Mojo and NME
  • Portrays the punk genre perfectly
  • Three products have to come out at the same time 
Things I could improve on..
  • Didn't know who the person was in the trailer, maybe some indication at the beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment